The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: Chuchou||Table of Contents||Next: Chueh Han-chien|
Chuchow (Zhuzhou, 113.151E 27.833N) was an important rail center in 1941, with significant coal mines at Pingsiang to the east. These mines supplied the coking coal for the Hanyang steel works until the latter were captured by the Japanese in 1939. Chuchow itself had a modern steel works built by the Germans prior to war.
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2007 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article