The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia
|Previous: Hirohito||Table of Contents||Next: Hirose Sueto|
Hirosaki (140.47E 40.60N) was founded in 1611 by the Tsugaru clan as a castle town. It was the headquarters of 8 Depot Division when war broke out in the Pacific, and became the headquarters for 47 Division in the final months of the war.
Hirosaki Official Website (accessed 2010-10-30)
The Pacific War Online Encyclopedia © 2010 by Kent G. Budge. Index
Comment on this article